Friday 2 October 2015

Playa Del Castilo (In Progress) by Thanyathorn Mateekusontan


Playa Del Castilo (In Progress) 
by Thanyathorn Mateekusontan

 The site that I've chosen is an amphibious area along the coast of Cadiz. The area was used to be for preservation, however, now it has become public to people to use.
 The graph below shows average daily tidal changing in Cadiz. Highest tides usually appear around 6:00 in the morning and again 6:00 in the evening. Sun rises at 8:00 in the morning and disappear at 8:00 in the evening. The graph below shows that when the sun appears, or when it's hot, the tides are more likely to be low. Therefore, I want to use my structure as a habitat as well as shadings on the day time. 
The problem is that my previous design structure would be closing when the water comes, and would be wide open when the it is on the ground. 

For the current site that I've been studying on, I want to instead make my structure collapse/close when the ground is dry, and make it lay flat when the water comes. Due to the fact that when it's day time, which is when it is hot, the tides current will be low. I want the habitat to create instant shadings for people.

Here's my diagram showing how high tides and low tides would effect the shape and occupying space of my structure.